50 Things About Me, With A Twist!
Hello everyone. Being a
nosey inquisitive sort of person, I think people are fascinating.
Im not talking about celebrity people, but about wonderful, unique ‘normal’ people. People like my fellow bloggers.
Its for this reason I love the ’50 things about me’ posts I see occasionally. I’m in total awe of people who write these posts. In a recent blogger award post I had to write just 5 facts about myself and it took ages.
At the end of the 50 facts posts, bloggers often write sentiments such as ‘that was easier than I though’. My reaction to this is always disbelief. Not that I think they are lying, but HOW do you come up with 50 facts for a post?
I believe if I manage it, it will take days if not weeks, so this is the ‘twist’ referred to in the title.
It’s currently 11.20am on Saturday 24th October. In a few minutes I am going to try to write 50 facts about me. There is no prompts list, or pre-formed ideas here, these will come completely off the top of my head. after every 10 facts I will give you time (and date) update until I manage 50 facts, or get fed up and press publish anyway.
So ladies and gentlemen here we go……..
1) I have blue eyes. They have a dark ring around the outside of the blue, and are the one feature on my face that I like.
2) The only hot drink I like is black coffee with two sugars.
3) My dad was a herdsman, so most of my childhood was spent living on or nearby a farm (I loved it).
4) I am a history nerd. I love anything mediaeval and know all about my kings and queens (good pub quiz knowledge).
5) I love pub quizzes.
6) I love bags. All sorts of colours, all sorts of shapes. But I still tend to throw a purse and phone in my pocket rather than hunt out a bag when I go out.
7) I am a short arse, just 5’3″. Two of my brothers are 6’7″. This makes for some interesting family portraits.
8) I cannot drive. I failed my test 7 times. I did pass the theory part of the test first time with a 100% perfect score.
9) I an hopeless at looking after house plants. I either neglect or drown them.
10) My favourite puddings have apple in them. Apple pie or apple crumble. With cream.
Time update 11.40am. Yay, I managed 10 facts in 20 minutes. I only got slightly distracted by Come Dine With Me (I love Dave Lambs commentary).
11) I am partially deaf. Its worse with high frequency noises. I don’t hear doorbells or phones ringing.
12) My favourite flowers are sweetpeas. I love highly scented flowers.
13) I would love to live by the sea. There is something about the sound of the sea which calms the soul.
14) The first single I ever bought with my own money was Alice Coopers Poison. (Please don’t make me feel old by asking what a single is).
15) I love dragons and have dragon related items in most rooms of the house, including a fabulous dragon toilet roll holder.
16) My favourite season of the year is spring, I love the colours of the trees, flowers and plants waking up.
17) My favourite month of the year is June because its the month with the longest days in the UK, and thus the month when most stadium gigs happen.
18) My favourite TV program of all time is Dr Who. I am a massive whovian, and love talking theories with other like minded individuals.
19) I have never been on an aeroplane. Next year I’m planing a small trip to Edinburgh on a plane to amend this.
20) I believe in ghosts. I use to work in a haunted building. It was so bad the boss got a vicar in to bless it.
Time update. 2.06pm Saturday afternoon. Well that was significantly harder than the first 10. I watched the end of Come Dine With me. I’ve also had my lunch (cheese and potato pie). I was going to settle down to the list after lunch, but got caught up in a twitter chat about ghosts and bitchface school mums (not the same conversation, although I think both are equally scary!).
21) I do not like odd numbers. My favourite number is 8, its nice and neat and curvy.
22) I have always wanted a four poster bed, complete with curtains.
23) I do not like drinking alcohol. I’m not 100% teetotal but you can count the number of alcoholic drinks I have in a year on one hand.
24) I don’t like curries. Its not the heat that puts me off (as some people think) but the spices used in them. I think my lack of tea drinking, alcohol drinking and curry eating make me a very poor Brit.
25) I am allergic to non precious metals and silver. I can wear gold and platinum. Its a shame my bank balance doesn’t match my skins expensive taste.
26) I love Yankee candles. My favourite smelling one is Fresh Cotton. I don’t like the vanilla ones.
27) It was my birthday a few weeks ago and I worked out I’m now 42 years old. I spent most of last year thinking I was 42, so I’ve sort of gained a year.
28) I snort when I laugh. The hubster calls it snortling. Its very unladylike.
29) I have (touch wood) never broken a bone in my body.
30) I can use very basic British sign language and I can finger spell.
Time Update It is now 4.23pm Saturday. I am more than half way through my list. I have probably deleted as many facts as I have written down because they looked a bit boring when I read them back. I am very boring!! I have also managed to write a first draft of another post while thinking of these 10 facts. I’m now off to have a coffee and maybe even a biscuit.
31) I love learning. I completed most of an Open University Psychology degree. A lack of time and money and being a bit mental prevented me completing it, but if I ever had the opportunity now I would.
32) I do not like green beans. Not runner beans, string beans, broad beans or french beans for me, thank you.
33) My natural hair colour is a mousey brown. In my adult life it has very rarely been left undyed. Red or purple are my favourite colours, but I have also been a blond, brunette, had black hair and for a short while it was even Blue!!
34) My kareoke songs of choice are Snow Patrols ‘Chasing Cars’ or anything by Meatloaf.
35) My first crush was Adam Ant.
36) I do not like the colour pink. Its far too girly for my linking.
37) My wedding dress was made out of a pair of curtains!
38) I have never tried to smoke. Not even one puff on one.
39) I don’t like Superman, he is far too much of a goody-goody.
40) On the flip side of that I love Iron Man. Robert Downey JR is gorgeous, but as well as that I love Iron Mans attitude. ‘Yes, I’m a rocking super hero and proud’.
Time updateIts 8.15pm.I have eaten tea (pancakes) drunk coffee and watched Strictly Come Dancing. No more blogging will be done tonight, because its time for Doctor Who.
I am starting this again at 10.40am Monday morning. Sunday is a day of blogger rest.
41) I am quite good at crochet. My specialities are woolly hats and fingerless gloves.
42) Although I write right handed, I do most other things such as using a knife and fork as a left handed person would.
43) I love wind turbines. They look elegant and are calming to watch. You will never catch me protesting against the erection of new ones.
44) My favourite chocolates are Lindor Lindt (the red balls) and Lilly O Brian chocolates.
Time update 4.44Pm. I know I’m meant to do this after every 10, but I’m not sure I can carry on. I don’t KNOW anything else about me worth sharing. I really am very boring.
Ok…whinge over…..I will do this…….
45) I love reading biographies about mediaeval kings, queens and other important figures, as well as novels about them.
46) I hate searching films based on books I have already read. They always get things wrong (the worst offender is the Harry Potter series).
47) I can not do the Vulcan/Spock greeting thing with my hands. I am envious of people who can.
48) I can’t click my fingers either.
49) I love doing IQ tests. My average score is around 120.
50) I can not do those magic picture things. You know the ones where if you stare at a pattern for long enough you will see a picture emerge. Nope, never happened for me.
WOOOOO!!!! I did it. The time is now 9.34pm Monday evening. That was bloody difficult.
I can fairly confidently say In will never attempt another 50 things about me type challenge.
Have you ever done one of these challenges? Did you find it as hard as I did?
Scientific Fact* Anxious Dragons feed on blog comments. Please help keep this dragon well fed. Thank you Xxxx
*Possibly not true