Best and Worst Household Chores
Good afternoon everyone. I have just finished doing a mountain of ironing. This is a task I hate. It got me thinking of the different household tasks I do and which ones I like and dislike.
Top Three Best Chores
1) Hoovering. Or to be correct vacuuming. This wasnt always my favourite task. Before the introduction of bagless cleaners with clear cylinders it was just another task, but there is something oddly satisfying about watching the cylinder filling up with dust and pet fur (you would not believe the amount of hair that comes off one small cat).
2) Washing up. I have a terrible habit of leaving the dishes from our evening meal in the sink till the next day, and therefore am usually greeted with a sight like above most mornings. I like to fill the sink with boiling hot water and tackle the dish mountain, safe in the knowledge that they will stay clean and sparkling all day.
3) Cleaning the bath. I am quite a messy, clumsy person and the bathroom is no different. I drop toothpaste, spill shampoo and create carnage when I try to dye my hair, but I do love the seeing my bathroom sparkling white.
Top Three Worst Tasks
1) No prizes for guessing ironing is at the top. It is hot work, it makes my back ache, and living as I do with a very messy fella (and prior to that two messy boys) the clothes inevitably end up crumpled again before they get worn.
2) Drying up. As much as I love washing up, the follow up task has never appealed to me. As a kid me and my brothers would always argue over who had to do the drying. These days I always let it drain. Acording to my food hygiene training, this is the more hygienic method.
3) Dusting. I can only blame myself for my dislike of this task. I simply have too many things, trinkets and ornaments (of dragons mainly). It takes forever to remove each one, clean the shelves and then the ornaments themselves.
That is my top three best and worst chores. Do you agree with them? If not what are your favourite and worst chores?
Scientific Fact* Anxious Dragons feed on blog comments. Please help keep this dragon well fed. Thank you Xxxx
*Possibly not true