Are You A Social Media Addict?
Hello readers. I have often joked about being a Twitter addict, but in reality I know I could go without it if I needed to (stop that sniggering now!).
For some people though it an become a big issue, and it is one that gradually creeps up on people without them being aware of it until it’s too late.
How would someone
me know if they were addicted?
That is quite a big question. There is a fine line between someone who uses social media a lot for work or blogging like myself and someone who is properly addicted. However there are tell-tale signs that someones use of social media may be becoming rather excessive.
I have done some extensive research on the subject (I did a google search and read a few articles) and from that have devised a quiz that can tell if someone is in control of their social media use or a complete addict.
The Big Are You Addicted To Social Media Quiz
1) Do you learn all your news from the “Trending” sidebar?
2) Do you regularly ignore incoming phone calls because you happen to be in the middle of composing a solid tweet?
3) Do you find it interesting to stalk people on Facebook you knew from your childhood?
4) Have you accidentally added “@” before your name when filling out official documents?
5) Do you have over 1,000 Facebook friends because you crave as many friends as possible?
6) Do you often login to Facebook or Twitter when out socially with others?
7) When you post status update or tweet are you very disappointed if no one comments on it?
8) Are many of your Facebook friends not people you know offline?
9) Have you caught yourself thinking, “If it isn’t on Twitter yet, it hasn’t happened”?
10) Do you refer to people by their twitter/blog name even when you know their real names?
11) Would you find it very difficult to not access your social media accounts for an entire day?
12) Anytime you’re ever doing anything on your computer, will your Facebook and Twitter tab be open?
13) When you go to settings on your phone does “Facebook” and “Twitter takes up over 75% of your Battery Usage?
14) Do you scroll through your news feed the second you wake up and the just before you fall asleep?
15) Do you panic if your out and your phone battery goes bellow 40%
16) Do you photograph and post pics everything you do as proof that it happened?
Score 1 point for every time you answer yes.
0 – 4 Do you even know what Twitter is?
5 – 8 You have a very healthy attitude towards social media.
9 – 12 You should consider trying to limit your social media usage a bit.
13 – 16 You have a problem!!
This test has not been designed by experts, so may not be a 100% accurate measure of your reliance on social media.
Well, as you may have guessed this post is a little bit tongue im cheek. However it is an undeniable fact that people do tend to spend a lot of time on social media these days. Many people I see and talk to online say they could do with cutting down on time spent online. This can be difficult when being online becomes such an ingrained habit.
There are things online that can help people change these habits though. One such thing is digital hypnosis. I mentioned Hypnosis Ninja in a post a few weeks ago about Mr A’s snoring. As well as having downloadable hypnosis sessions to deal with ignoring snoring they also have sessions on dealing with Twitter addiction Facebook addiction or dealing with social networking addiction
For just £9.99 people can down a session that will help them develop new behaviours in relation to social media usage.
Do you think you could do with cutting down on your social media usage? Do you think hypnotherapy would work for you?
Scientific Fact ~ Bloggers feed on blog comments. Please help keep this blogger well fed♡
Thank you, Mrs A Xx
This post contains affiliated links. This means if anyone clicks through and buys a session I will recieve a small sum of money from Hypnosis Ninja. This does not cost you any more. All views in this post are my own.