Sunshine Blogger Award
Hello everyone. Last week I posted my Mystery Blogger Award post, and this week I’m doing another award post, this time though it’s the sunshine blogger award.
Like the mystery blogger award the sunshine award gives bloggers a chance to give their favourite bloggers a shout out, and a chance to answer questions about themselves, and as you may know I love answering questions, so here goes.
Again for this award I had two people nominate me, so I’m gonna be answering both sets of questions. My first nomination was from Catie who writes Spectrum Mum. Catie lives in Holland and writes about her experiences as a mum of an autistic child.
My second nomination is from Poe who writes Pragmatic Poe, a blog giving no nonsense advice on parenting, relationships and health.
Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog while
Answer the questions the person who nominated you provided
Nominate other bloggers and give them 11 questions
Notify your nominees via social media and/or blogger love, the comment section of their blog
List the ‘rules’ and proudly display the Sunshine Award logo in your post
1): What piece of advice would you give to a new blogger?
I think the two most important pieces of advice any blogger can be given is to write for your own pleasure and don’t become obsessed with stats.
2) What is the best mistake you have ever made?
Oh, that’s an interesting question. I guess the answer would have to be my first marriage. It was a HUGE mistake but out of that came my kids.
3) What is your motivation?
Food, praise from people I admire, and in total contradiction to my answer for question 1, blog stats.
4) If you could change anything about yourself would you? And if yes, what would you change?
Yes, I would love to be less mental.
5) Tell me one fact about yourself that not many people know.
Eugh, that’s a hard one, because I share so much on my blog and on Twitter…..err…… I don’t like Jim Carey films, but think the man himself is quite interesting.
6) What do you do when you have free time?
Eat, crochet, twitter, blog.
7) If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
At the top of the bastard hill. I love the village I live in, but my house is halfway down a really steep hill. I moan about this hill constantly on Twitter.
8) Who is your celebrity crush?
9) What does your perfect day look like?
Any day spent with Mr A is a good day. Add some good friends, a bit of steampunking and a little spending money and I’m a really happy bunny.
10) What is your comfort food?
Apple pie or crumble and cream. Sloppy foods like cottage pie fish pie, cauliflower cheese etc.
11) What was your favourite childhood toy?
My brother and I had a toy chimp called Charlie.
What motivated you to start blogging?
My anxiety. I wanted a place to explore some of the thoughts in my head.
2) You are the lucky master of a genie and you get 3 wishes. What are they? (No extra wishes or genies allowed, you cheater).
1)50 million pound.
2) The impeachment and subsequent imprisonment of Trump
3) The ability to eat without putting on weight.
3) If you could travel to any period of time in the past, when would it be and why?
I would love to explore all of the medieval period. I am fascinated by that period in time, the fashion, castles and the kings and queen’s.
4) If there was one thing you could change from your past, what would it be?
I wouldn’t have let myself be bullied out of a job due to my mental heath.
5) What is you biggest struggle right now?
My biggest struggle is with myself. Low self esteem, anxiety and depression all work to make me my own worst enemy at times. Oh and I could do with a bit more money.
6) What inspires you to be better?
I think I’ve always tried to be the best me I can, so in a weird way I guess I inspire myself to be better.
7) Pepsi or Coke? I have to know if we can really be friends or not.
Pepsi (did I pass?)
8) When was the last time you cried?
I cry all the time. This weekend was particularly bad, I croed for various reasons including Tesco running out of rhubarb pies.
9) Of these options, which animal do you most identify with: eagle, lion, turtle, chameleon? Why?
I see myself most as a turtle. When I’m at my worst with my anxiety I withdraw mentally into myself.
10) What current trend do you think should die already?
Unicorn themed shit. I love unicorns, but the tendency to colour any piece of shit rainbow coloured and call it a unicorn cake/pizza /bagel/milkshake etc needs to stop now.
11) What would you do if you were given 1 million dollars?
Buy a house, and a car for Mr A. Then try to help my friends.
1) What are your plans for the weekend?
2) You’ve been selected to cook a 5 course banquet for Prince Harry’s wedding anniversary. What’s on your menu? (They must be dishes you can actually cook yourself)
3) Describe your ideal Christmas day.
4) Elephants or penguins, and why?
5) What is the scientific formula for a long and happy life?
6) If someone made a film of your life who would play you?
7) What is your survival plan for the zombie apocolypse?
8) Which bloggers do you most admire and why?
9) What is your super power?
10) What is your favourite dad joke?
11) The end of the world is coming and you have a secret bunker with unlimited supplies. Alongside your family there is room for 5 people. Which twitter folk (because famous people all have their own bunkers) would you save and why?
Dad Geek UK
Blog Of Dad
An Ordinary Mums Musings
Bryony Perfectly Imperfect
View From The Beach Chair
Bringing Up The Bernies
Mum Of Three World
I’ve nominated 11 people, but as always I would love to hear everyone’s answers to any of my questions.
Scientific Fact ~ Bloggers feed on blog comments. Please help keep this blogger well fed♡
Thank you, Mrs A Xx