The Mystery Blogger Award
Hello everyone. Today I’ve been nominated by the lovely Australian blogger Dad_Effect for the mystery blogger award (click on his name to view his blog). I’m always a fan of these posts that let blog readers
be nosey arses find out more about the bloggers they love. So lets begin…..
1) Put the award logo/image on your blog ✔
2) List the rules. ✔
3) Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. ✔
4) Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well ❌ Alas I don’t know who started this award, but if anyone does please let me know and I will add them.
5) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself ✔
6) Answer the questions you were asked ✔
7) Nominate 10 – 20 people and notify ✔
8) Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify) ✔
9) Share a link to your best post(s) ✔
My 3 Facts
Okay, this is going to be hard because I’ve shared so many random facts about myself in post before…..
1) I hate snow. This is no secret to anyone who chats to me on Twitter. Just how much I hate it is a surprise to some though. I turn into a raging sulky hulk when ever sky vomit is mentioned.
2) I got beaten up by a cow when I was a young child. We use to live on a farm and our house was in the middle of a field. One summer the field had several cows im who had just calved. My brother and myself were riding out bikes along the drive in the field that went up to our house when one of the cows decided to knock me off my bike and trample all over me. I was taken to casualty but surprisingly only had bruises on my legs. I was very lucky.
3) I’m allergic to most metals. I can only wear gold or platinum. When I was a teenager I could also wear silver but I’ve become a more sensitive little flower as ive got older.
My Answers To Dad_Effects Questions
What is your best piece of life advice?
Be yourself and be proud of yourself. I think this is more important these days than ever before. With the explosion of social media in the past decade there is no end of people willing to ‘advise’ others on how to dress/act/think/feel. Taking advice is sometimes a good thing, but at the end of the day you know you the best. This also applies to parenting, you know your kids best too.
What is more important, friends or family and why?
I’ve not got a clear-cut answer to this question. Family should be the most important thing. However family is not always the people you share genes with. Being a child that was bought up in foster care I know that family can be the people who chose you rather than who are related to you. This may be step-family or in my case a foster family. But sometimes a person’s family will be their friends.
What is the closest you have ever come to dying?
Despite being a rather clumsy person I have never done myself any serious injury (with the exception of the cow incident above) so the closest I’ve got to dying is just getting older every day.
Other than the present, what other historical period would you live in if you had to choose?
Without doubt the medieval period. Probably late medieval, the 1400’s. I think I would have made a great tavern wench.
Did man really land on the moon?
Yes, but….. while I believe the moon landing was real, I’m not so sure that the video is legit. Even today broadcasters have issues with outside broadcasts and yet in 1969 they managed to send a live signal back from the moon without any problems ….. doesn’t ring true to me. I think they recorded it before hand to be on the safe side.
1) You have just won the Euro Lottery. What are the first 5 things you would spend money on and why?
2) You’ve been selected to cook a 5 course banquet for Prince Harry’s wedding. What’s on your menu? (They must be dishes you can actually cook yourself)
3) the end of the world is coming and you have a secret bunker with unlimited supplies. Alongside your family there is room for 10 people. Which twitter folk (because famous people all have their own bunkers) would you save and why?
4) Elephants or penguins? (My funny question)
5) Want is the scientific formula for a long and happy life?
My Best Post
Well….. it depends in what you define as best. My most popular posts in terms of numbers of views are my crochet pattern one. This post for a Crochet Dragon has had over 7,000 views since it was published a year ago. My personal favourite posts though are my song parodies such as Fussy Eaters Rhapsody which as the title suggests is an ode to fussy eaters in the style of the magnificent Bohemian Rhapsody.
It always difficult to pick nominees as there are so many cool bloggers I love. I am chosing people whom I hope will come up with some awesome answers to my questions.
There are bound to be people ‘ve forgotten on my list of nominees, so if you would like to join in please do, or if you just want to answer my questions drop you answers in the comments box.
Scientific Fact ~ Bloggers feed on blog comments. Please help keep this blogger well fed♡
Thank you, Mrs A Xx